Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas, Sister


It's Christmas Eve and we've just finished up a HUGE dinner of shrimp creole, cornbread, salad and too way too much junk food. Everyone is here but Diane and Tony. They won't be here until tomorrow. I tried to talk her into coming tonight but they wanted to just chill - go to church, open presents together and rest. They need it. It's hard to believe how much has happened since last Christmas - good news and bad, new doctors with all sorts of new treatments, and lots of prayers to our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the friends and loved ones that have called and emailed. I can't tell you how much it means to us. I love that we have the blog now to keep everyone up to date. I really don't have any news other than she's doing very well. She is on the tamoxifin and feeling better. We are believing AS A FAMILY that God is going to heal her! She has opened my eyes to so many scriptures about healing in the Bible. As the new year starts, I want to post a scripture weekly on the blog - that way, when Diane comes to your mind, you can pray with us! I think it will be awesome for all of us to have the same scripture on our hearts and minds. That is my goal in January....be looking for it!

Diane,
I just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Dear Lord, we need a new year, right?? Anyway, I want you to know that I love you so much. You are amazing! I always wanted to be you! So brilliant and beautiful - I was so jealous! As we got older, you drove me crazy - so bossy! I drove you crazy and you had no problem letting me know! I SO wish that I could go back and do it all over again.... I wouldn't have worn your clothes and ruined them, I wouldn't have hit you in the bathroom because we were both trying to get ready at the same time, I wouldn't have snuck in your room to use your make-up ( oops, did I ever tell you about that? ) Oh well, I guess those things have just molded us into who we are today - and you are incredible. You are so strong, wise, independent, disciplined, faithful, persevering, and most of all determined. You know God has a plan and you are ready and waiting for him to use you. You inspire me and so many others and I hope you know how much I love you.

1 comment:

mom of six, nana of five said...

Jenn- this was so beautiful. It made me tear up.The true miracle through all of this may be the deeper love you have found for each other. God is so wise even through the afflictions he helps us learn and grow and love at a depth we before could not understand.